Friday, July 1, 2011

Hand Built trees

Time heals all wounds.









These are a big part of me.  It is unusual for me to do Hand Built work out of assignment.  Do to my pride of functionality.  I chose to do these and set them up from fall to summer. When I was creating these it was fall time and my dad passed away.  I chose the seasons for several reasons to show change, passing of time, and location. I did a large wound in fall to symbolize how I was feeling and showed it closing over time. I chose to incorporate bowls because I think bowls are one of the most functional forms of ceramics.  I used them to show the seasons, but also emotion.  I feel like sometime I am right side up and other times upside down.  So in fall I felt a little upside down. In winter I turned right side up. I guessed for spring and summer.  I hoped I would be more open in spring.  I found that by summer the wound though still apparent was healed, also my bowl was so full that I could no longer contain it. That is why it is up in the trees for summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment